Have you ever considered the catastrophic effects a hurricane may have on your business and your employees? Hurricanes are strong storms that can be life-threatening as well as cause serious hazards such as flooding, storm surge, high winds and tornadoes.
Do you have a written plan? Writing a preparedness plan and training employees to implement it is critical. Here are few tips keep in mind when developing that plan:
1. Review insurance policies to ensure that there is adequate coverage.
2. Compile an Emergency Contact List with 24-hour telephone contact numbers of essential employees.
3. Identify and protect vital records such as accounts receivable, customer records, tax records, and other personnel and administrative documents.
4. Develop a staffing policy that identifies essential employees and which of them, if any, must remain at the facility during the hurricane. Also outline responsibility for maintaining the facility including IT and computer support.
5. Identify a plan to notify employees when to return to work according to staffing schedule.
Lastly make sure that you have a plan for the protection of plant assets and equipment. Vector Controls has an extensive line of Endress+Hauser product available and ready to ship. Partner with us to be Hurricane Ready. Contact your local representative for more information.