Vector Controls would like to wish you and your family a very happy and safe 4th of July. Fireworks have become the main part of many celebrations and we ask that you take this time to take precaution when using fireworks. The main ingredient in fireworks is black powder, also known as gunpowder, therefore making fireworks dangerous.
Here are 10 easy safety tips to remember when using fireworks:
- Always buy fireworks from an established retail outlet.
- Always read and follow label directions and only light one at a time.
- Always have an adult present and never give them to small children.
- Only ignite fireworks outdoors in cleared areas away from houses, buildings, dry leaves, and flammable materials.
- Keep water handy for fires and emergencies.
- Never re-ignite malfunctioning fireworks; soak them in water and throw away.
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry place.
- Never throw fireworks at another person or carry them in your pocket.
- Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers and consider wearing eye protection when shooting fireworks.
- After shooting them, soak fireworks in water before putting them in the trash.
Make it fun. Make it safe. And finally be sure to check with your local authorities or HOA about restrictions in your neighborhood regarding shooting fireworks. Happy Fourth!
More information on safety and fireworks can be found on the OSHA website.