Agar’s Multiphase Flow Meters are comprised of five primary subsystems:
- The mass flow and density measurement is based on coriolis and other ancillary sensors.
- The AGAR Water-cut meter (OW-201 or OW-301) is used to measure water content accurately over the full range of 0-100% in both oil and water-continuous phases.
- The AGAR Data Analysis System (DAS) performs on-line analysis of data acquired from the above sub-systems to determine the oil, water, gas, and total fluid flow rates.
- High Flow Rate Capability: In applications where the flow line is larger than 4" and the flow rate is high, Agar's unique flow range extender (F.R.E.) MPFM-50 design is used.
- The Agar Dual Venturi Meter is used to measure flow rates of the multiphase in extreme conditions where the flow is not homogeneous.
The AGAR MPFM is a non-nuclear, versatile, three-phase flow meter designed for true field conditions. It provides accurate, real-time measurements of oil, water and gas flows simultaneously without separation of the phases. Specially designed for low maintenance and ease of operation, they require no field calibration or prior knowledge of fluid properties (such as fluid density and salinity) to attain the specified accuracies. The real-time data capabilities of these meters allow for optimization of all types of critical production enhancement techniques.
The AGAR MPFM-50 combines advanced coriolis technology with traditional flow-measurement devices to achieve superior accuracy in the entire GVF range; 0-100%, including the wet gas regime from 95-100%. The AGAR MPFM-50 is a low-cost, compact multiphase flow meter that can accurately measure oil, water, and gas flow rates without separation. The AGAR oil/water monitor is capable of measuring water cuts from 0-100% and is not affected by changing salinities.